Typical Meeting Schedule (actual timings may be tweaked)
- 3:15pm We have access to the Assembly room
- 3:30pm Members start to arrive for Social Time prior to the start of the meeting (light refreshments, and soft drinks)
- 4:00pm The meeting starts with an introduction from the President, if there are any political candidates present who wish to address the Club, they are allowed ~3 minutes each to talk
- 4:05pm The featured speaker is then introduced by a member of the Club
- 4:45pm The featured speaker takes questions from members
- 5:00pm Club reports from members on recent events
- 5:15pm Club announcements from members on upcoming events (and any club business)
- 5:25pm Thanks are given to the speaker by the President and the meeting ends
- 5:30pm We have to be out of the building. The speaker is invited to join members and head to a locally owned, nearby bar/restaurant to continue Social Time
Directions and Parking
Our meetings take place at the Point Loma Assembly, 3035 Talbot Street, San Diego, CA 92106
There is plenty of street parking and on Sundays there is free parking in the San Diego County Credit Union lot on the corner of Rosecrans St and Talbot St, entrance from Rosecrans St only.
Point Loma Assembly is about 2.5 miles west of the San Diego International Airport, a 10 minute cab ride, and 5 miles west of the Santa Fe Plaza (Amtrak and Coaster) and American Plaza Trolley Station (Blue and Orange Lines), a 15 minute cab ride. The 923 bus runs from outside the Santa Fe Station and past the Airport. Alight at the corner of Rosecrans St and Nimitz Blvd and walk south on Rosecrans for 15 minutes (0.8 miles, 1.3km) to Talbot St.
The Point Loma Assembly has a great sound reinforcement sound system with either a fixed hand microphone or wireless hand microphone. There is a widescreen (16:9) Digital Projector for computer/media presentations (HDMI input). Wifi internet access is also available. Please let us know in advance if you’ll need to use the audio/video system for your presentation.