You should have already received your ballot in the mail. If it’s still sitting unopened, open it up now, vote No and mail it in. There’s no stamp needed. It couldn’t be easier.
Here are the latest polls. Don’t hesitate, vote.
You don’t have to vote on the 2nd question, your ballot will still be counted.
Some members think we should vote for:
- anyone other than Larry Elder
- Paffrath – as he leads in the polls for ‘Democrats’
- McGowan – for first female Governor
- Ventresca – progressive Berniecrat
Help get out the vote (from Swing Left)
- Phone banking — multiple time slots, Saturday – Tuesday (9/11 – 9/14). Training will be provided:California State Democratic Party. Sign up here.
- Grassroots Democrats. Sign up here.
- Canvassing — multiple time slots, and multiple locations throughout San Diego County. Sunday – Tuesday (9/12 – 9/14):California Democratic Party. Sign up here.
- San Diego County Democratic Party. Sign up here.
Thanks to everyone who came to the Summer Party
And special thanks to Angela Hawkins and John Conway who hosted, and to those volunteers who helped organize, Diane Mosely, Kip Eischen, Susan Peinado, Monnel Stamnas, Ruth Rollins, Gary Werchak and Dave Furlano.
We were honored to have Mike Schaeffer, State Board of Equalization in attendance, as well as his good friend and long-time club member Vera Plain.
Thanks to Brandon MacDonald and TJ from the Western Service Workers Association who explained the working of their organization and their Back to School Drive.
Dina Feldman-Scarr from the GO Team, led a spirited discussion around the importance of the recall vote, and Dave Fisher raised the important point that whoever is governor may get to appoint a US Senator, should anything cause Diane Feinstein to step down prematurely.
Next General Meeting will be on September 26 on Zoom
- 3:30PM Social time and check-in
- 4:00OM Meeting
- Zoom registration
At the Summer Party we announced that we hoped to have our first in-person meeting this year at the Point Loma Assembly on Sep 12, earlier in the month than usual to accommodate the Pt Loma Playhouse.
However, the E-Board has decided, in light of the Delta Variant and the increasing number of cases in San Diego County, that it would be premature to do so. Although the risk for fully vaccinated people is low we felt it would be better to have the September meeting over Zoom. This also means that we can return the meeting date to the fourth Sunday, so the next meeting will be on September 26 at 4PM.
Meeting details will be sent out soon.
Photos: Dave Fisher and John Loughlin