You can see big name guests like Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins and Neel Kashkari, the Republican candidate for governor. There’s the Crux Partners Beer Garden with ping pong and Stone Brewing Co. microbrews.
And there’s more! Here’s some other things you can do at Politifest:
- Drop off your old electronics at a special e-waste recycling drive that Computers 2 San Diego Kids is hosting next door to Politifest at 2640 Historic Decatur Rd. Find out more here.
- Brush up on public affairs in City 101 Sessions taking place throughout the day in sponsored anchor tents. Topics include:
- The Impact of NIMBYism
- ABCs of Common Core
- Where San Diego Jobs Are Going
- Stop by the Rita’s Ice Kid Zone for face painting, balloon art, bounce slide, giant lawn basketball and inflatable jousting ring.
- Drop off gently used children and adult books at the San Diego Council on Literacy Tent.
- Visit more than 50 community booths including the Point Loma Democratic Club booth. See the full list here.
Saturday, Aug 9, 10 AM to 2 PM
This year, the focus is on three important fundamentals impacting our region: jobs, schools and housing. All of the programming, from the Idea Tournament to on-stage interviews, will focus on how to create more jobs, better schools and affordable homes for San Diego’s growing population.
The Point Loma Democratic Club will host a booth with representatives from our club as well as the newly formed Democratic Woman’s Club of San Diego County, the Veterans Democratic Club and the San Diego Democrats for Equality.
Throughout the day, Voice of San Diego CEO Scott Lewis will be hosting lively discussions on the stage with city and state leaders including Assembly Speaker (and club member) Toni Atkins and many more. A full line-up of guests will be announced soon.
There will also be a live band, City 101 sessions, fun activities for little ones in the Kid Zone and Brews & News trivia in the beer garden.