Registration is now open for Southern California’s Democratic event of the year!
Democrats and friends from San Diego and surrounding counties are invited to share the excitement of our County Convention.
You’ll meet and hear from statewide and local candidates and elected officials … participate in stimulating trainings and panel discussions … and enjoy networking and socializing with Democrats from throughout the region.
Saturday, October 5, we expect some vigorous campaigning and discussion of the mayoral election in San Diego, which has been set for November 19. A host of breakout sessions and candidate appearances will round out the experience.
- Basic registration for Saturday starts at $45 and includes breakfast, a full day of workshops, general sessions, and more
- The all-inclusive Convention package for $240 adds a Chair’s Reception and dinner on Friday, a guest room Friday night at Pala’s award-winning resort, and a special luncheon on Saturday (per person, double occupancy)
You can select these or other options when you sign up:
Click here to register now
The deadline has been extended to Thursday, September 12. Please check this site for updates about the Convention schedule, featured speakers, breakout sessions, and other information, or call (858) 277-3367 for assistance.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
4:00-7:00pm Registration/check-in at the Pala Resort Hotel 6:00-6:45pm Chair's reception, no-host bar 7:00-8:30pm Dinner with featured speaker (Infinity Room) 8:30pm Free evening for recreation and relaxation
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
8:00–10:00am Convention registration 9:00–10:00am Morning General Session and breakfast 10:10–11:00am Breakout Session 1 10:10–12:00pm Film screening and discussion 11:10–12:00pm Break out Session 2 12:10-1:30pm Lunch with featured speaker 1:40-2:20pm Afternoon General Session 2:30-2:50pm Breakout Session 3 2:30-4:30pm Film screening and discussion 3:00-3:50pm Breakout Session 4 4:00-4:30pm Closing Session 4:45-6:00pm Wrap-up reception
Here are a few of the special guests who will be part of the County Democratic Convention.
- State Controller John Chaing, now running for Treasurer, will speak at Friday night’s dinner in the spectacular Infinity Room together with California Assembly Speaker John Perez
- In one of Saturday’s breakout sessions, County Supervisor Dave Roberts will walk participants through the steps of getting appointed to a public board or commission
- State Party Vice Chair and workers’ advocate Alex Gallardo Rooker will host a panel on alliances between organized labor and Democrats to fight for the middle class
- State Party Secretary Daraka Larimore-Hall, a longtime political organizer, will lead a session on how to ensure that the winning “Obama coalition” finds its permanent home in the Democratic Party
These are just a few of some 20 breakouts you can choose from, ranging from campaign trainings and organizing workshops to discussions of major contemporary issues.
Pala Casino Spa & Resort includes a Las Vegas-style casino with 2,000 slot machines, a 15-table poker room that hosts live play and 87 table games; a 507-room hotel; a 10,000-square-foot, full-service spa and salon that features 14 treatment rooms; a state-of-the-art fitness center; and swimming pool with 12 private cabanas and outdoor Jacuzzi. Pala also offers 10 restaurants and 40,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
11154 HWY 76
Pala, CA 92059
From San Diego and Riverside Counties: Take I-15 to Hwy 76 and go east 5 miles.
From Orange and Los Angeles Counties: Take I-5 south to Hwy 76 and go east 23 miles.