Igor Volsky writing for Think Progress lays out a clear case for why Senator Rubio is not the Savior that the GOP is looking for.
…dig beyond Rubio’s newfound embrace of immigration reform, and you’ll find that the GOP’s future appears stuck in the past, as the great hope of the party still espouses many of the extreme policies voters rejected in November
- Refused to raise the debt ceiling
- Co-sponsored and voted for a Balanced Budget Amendment
- Signed the Norquist pledge
- Backed Florida’s voter purge
- Doesn’t believe in climate change
- Opposed federal action to help prevent violence against women
- Believes employers should be able to deny birth control to their employees
- Recorded robo calls for anti-gay hate group
Read the full article here.
- 8 Reasons Why Marco Rubio Is Not ‘The Republican Savior’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Rubio: ‘Only one savior’ (politico.com)
- Sen. Marco Rubio to Give Bilingual GOP Response to President’s State of the Union Address (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Rubio downplays Time cover: ‘There is only one savior’ (thehill.com)