There are a lot of petitions that make the rounds, but getting money out of politics is one of the most important issues we face as it effects all other political actions we attempt.
Overturning the Citizens United Supreme Court decision will take time, and this Californian Senate Bill is just one step to help achieve that.
Last year’s Assembly bill was passed in August, but ran out of time to make it through the Senate. SB52 is designed to:
• Lets voters know who really is paying for political ads — on the ads themselves
• Political television ads will have to clearly list their three largest funders & their logos
• Applies to all kinds of political ads, including television, radio, print advertising, & websites
SB52 needs to pass the Senate now, and it can with your help.
Download this PDF SB52 Petition Form, print it out and get your friends and neighbors to sign.
If you’re attending any meetings, gatherings, or Clubs print out a few sheets and hand them out.
Instructions on where to return the completed forms is printed at the bottom of each form.
Here’s a list of endorsements for the California DISCLOSE Act from last year.
Talking points and more details are available from this printable download (PDF).
- McConnell pushes back against campaign finance reform efforts (thehill.com)
- McConnell decries efforts to undo ‘Citizens United’ (legaltimes.typepad.com)
- California Democrats seek to shine light on mystery donors (mercurynews.com)